Roles and Objectives:
- Initiate, evolve and formulate tax policies to achieve economic policy goals and objectives and raise domestic revenues to finance government budget.
- Evaluate and advise on impact of tax policy on tax payer and economy.
- Make annual and medium term recurrent revenue forecasts, and revenue performance reports.
- Coordinate and supervise URA operations to ensure effective implementation and realization of tax policy and revenue targets.
- Coordinate organizations like Bank of Uganda, UIA, Private Sector Foundation and others on Taxation matters.
- Identify new avenues of widening the tax base.
- Draw up appropriate legal requirements for revenue collection and related legislation.
- Participate in EAC negotiations, COMESA and WTO activities.
- Handle negotiations of Double Taxation Agreements, Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements