Macro Economic Policy Department
Roles and Objectives:
- Ensure and coordinate, with Bank of Uganda, appropriate macroeconomic analysis including macroeconomic monitoring and maintenance of macroeconomic framework.
- Formulate, evolve and monitor appropriate external sector policy, including cash flows and fiscal data management policy.
- Evolve and maintain appropriate external sector policy, which includes trade policy, external debt management, foreign direct investment and exchange rate development.
- Evolve and maintain appropriate financial sector policy, which includes banks and other non-bank financial institutions, monitoring and monetary analysis.
- Coordinate negotiations with World Bank, IMF and other donors on budget support, poverty reduction and growth facility.
- Advise on domestic strategy.