Financial Management Services
Roles and Objectives:
- Exchequer of government
- Control and manage public funds in accordance with the provisions of the Public Finance Act.
- Administers the implementation of all statutory accounting procedures and regulations.
- Provides supervision and technical support to managers and accounts staff.
- Prepare and submit to the Auditor General Final Accounts of the Consolidated Fund including the ten statutory statements.
- Facilitate and monitor the collection of non-tax revenue in accordance with the Annual Budgetary Estimates.
- Maintain an accurate and up to ate inventory of the public debt of Uganda.
- Ensure and plan for appropriate staffing levels of accounts staff in the Public Service and their acquisition of professional skills in the short, medium and long term.
- Disburse funds to government ministries and agencies.