Roles and Objectives:
- Advise on expenditure allocations in line with the national priorities, in consultation with other Directorates.
- Coordinate the budgetary process including documentation such as the Budget Framework Paper, Budget Speech Estimates, Supplementary Schedules, Financial Statements and Finance Bill.
- Review, evaluate, analyse and initiate formulation of policies of cross cutting budgetary issues including but not limited to wages, district budgets, domestic and external debt issues.
- Operate and maintain the budget management system.
- Coordinate the analysis, monitoring and evaluation of budget performance.