Roles and Objectives:
- Identify sectoral expenditure policies and programmes within national priorities and in consultation with other departments of the Ministry, line Ministries and departments.
- Liaise with other ministries, departments and institutions and prepare Annual Recurrent and Development Budget Estimates
- Appraise projects of the sectors under the department to ensure conformity to the Poverty Eradication Action Plan
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate Recurrent and Development budget expenditure in the Public Investment Plan
- Prepare quarterly performance reports for the votes under the department.
- Prepare sectoral contributions to the Budget Framework Paper.
- Coordinate the release of the recurrent funds to ministries, institutions and local governments.
- Give technical advice to ministries on budget and expenditure issues.