Goal: Enhance and protect Organizational value by providing effective internal oversight, insight and advice.
Objective 1: Facilitate effective management of significant risks to entity strategic objectives.
- Develop and disseminate a National Enterprise Risk Management Strategy
- Develop and Disseminate GOU ERM Guidelines
- Governance oversight of significant risks to strategic objectives
- Enhance Risk intelligent decision making through integration of ERM in key Entity processes
- Facilitate focus on significant risks in planning and allocation of public resources
- Enhance Corruption and Fraud Control Oversight
- Effective risk monitoring and reporting
- Promote Professional certification in ERM
- Develop Training programme for ERM task-forces across government
- ERM Performance excellence awards to Votes successfully integrating risk management
Objective 2: Improve organizational governance internal oversight
- Develop and disseminate a National Organizational Governance Oversight Strategy
- Develop and disseminate organizational governance oversight Manual.
- effective facilitation of organizational governance oversight of business strategies development
- Effective facilitation of organizational governance oversight of business performance and accountability
- Effective oversight of Internal Control System
- Effective facilitation of organizational governance oversight of Compliance and Ethics
- Effective oversight of Financial Resources Commitment and utilization
- Effective oversight of Partnership, Engagement, Resource Mobilization and Advocacy
- Organizational Governance Oversight strengthened
Objective 3: Provide effective assurance on IT Systems across Government
- Develop and disseminate IT Audit Strategy
- Develop IT manuals and guidelines and train staff Legislative requirements, standards and reporting requirements relevant to IT Audit.
- Provide basic training in IT for Internal Auditors.
- Train in Data analytic skills.
- Promote Integration of IT auditing in Internal Audit Units’ activities.
- Procure and provide Computer Assisted Auditing Tools
Objective 4: Provide effective performance audits across Government.
- Develop and disseminate Performance Audit Strategy
- Develop and disseminate performance audit manual and guidelines
- Provide basic training in Value for Money auditing to Internal Auditors.
- Train IA staff in 3 Module AFROSAI-E Performance Audit Course.
- Train staff in Research methods.
- Promote Integration of performance auditing in Internal Audit Units’ activities.
- Conduct audit of both GOU and donor funded projects
Objective 5: Strengthen Internal Audit Activity(function) across Government.
- Develop and disseminate a National Internal Audit Strategy
- Strengthen Audit Committees
- Develop and disseminate IA Manual, Charters and guidelines
- Professionalization of internal audit cadre through attainment of ACCA, CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE etc.
- Develop training programs for internal audit cadre at all levels in the areas of Governance, Risk and Control.
- Enhanced supervision of the Internal Audit units in the various MDALGs
- Operationalise the Quality Assurance and Improvement Mechanisms and Guidelines.
Objective 6: Improve internal audit stakeholder engagements
- Collaboration with the professional bodies like ICPAU, ACCA, IIA etc on emerging issues in various professions
- Engage key stakeholders on the OIAG’s Audit strategy
- Develop leadership skill. i.e in communication, team building and stakeholder analysis
- Strengthen awareness of IA strategic planning among internal auditors
- Develop client satisfaction feedback mechanisms